Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

i have this type of hair. how do i work w/ it? what products should i use? my hair is sorta long.



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

i had hair like yours and i started using SAMY shampoo, conditioner, and every other thing hes got for curly hair.



it really works



it smells like chemicals but after you wash the shampoo off, you cannot really smell anything.



i dont mind the smell because it really works



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

SAME HERE...I DONT KNO, I WAS HOPIN I COULD FIND OUT BY READING YUR ANSWERS! 2 POINTS!



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

first you should go and see a professional. If you want to straighten it you could do a permanent..the yuko system works well! Good Luck



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

get a perm that makes it straight



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

You want to use a good silicone product. Silicone coats the hair and cuts down on frizz. I use Simply Stylin' because its pure silicone and doesn't have any fillers. It seems to work a lot better than the others I've tried. And it adds a great shine and makes the hair soft, too. They give out free samples, so check out their website simplystylinhair.com.



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

Try using Mane n Tail it manages your hair type and it makes your hair esay to work with. :) hope this helps



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

Hey gals go for rebonding / flat iron perm your hair will be nice %26amp; frizzy off like asian...



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

Well, for the dry part use an intensive care conditioner, which I'm sure you already do, but it might help to put a little conditioner and water in a spray bottle and spritz it on your hair once and a while when it feels particularly dry and poofy. I am also plagued with the unruly curly hair and usually I put moose in while its still wet after a shower, after I've brushed it, and I scrunch it and let it dry so that it looks more under control. You could also try a few leave-in-conditioners for a more natural look than moose.



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

Use moist shampoo and conditioner by Aussie, it really makes your hair soft. To make your hair straighter you can use Bumble and Bumble straight gel or Phyto anti-frizz, which is at Bath and Body Works.



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

WOW, that is my hair! (except I keep mine short.) The thing I do with my hair is keep it trimmed and thinned out. That helps alot with the thickness and puffiness. Also, after every time I wash my hair, I leave the conditioner in for longer than a minute. I also put extra virgin olive oil in my hair, then put a hot wet towel over it for about 30 minutes. That really softens it and adds shine. You can do this before you shampoo and condition or just put a small amount in after you shampoo and condition and leave it in. If you plan to leave it in, don't use a whole lot. It will make your hair look kind of oily. hope that helps.



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

I would say that your best bet is to have it thinned by a stylist, and get a cut that is layered. Be careful though, because a bad cut will grow out like a poofy triangle, but unfortunately you won't know until it starts to grow out. Based on my taming my nasty hair, here are my suggestions:



1. Use a hot oil treatment once a week.



2. Get a restructuring conditioner to use every 4 or 5 shampoos.



3. Wash your hair every 2-3 days.



4. Get an oil to smooth on your hair when it is dry to keep it tame. Sally Beauty Supply has a great one for almost nothing in the textured hair section.



5. Use a hair/nail multivitamin.



6. Davines has a great shampoo/conditioner called Lovely for textured crazy hair. Has a nice scent that isn't overpowering, too!



7. You will have to train your hair, and it will take a long time. What I found that worked well was a layered cut that I would then blow dry, and use a 1.5" diameter curling iron to work on chunks. It gave my hair a nice bounce, and it wasn't really curly, just more calm and lively, with a lot of body. After about six months, I was able to let my hair air dry without horriffic consequences.



I find that a lot of product isn't really the answer. Use shampoos and conditioners and other items you will immediately wash out. The oil you want to apply to the hair only, not the scalp. Also, if you use a lot of product, your hair will get dirtier more quickly.



Good luck!



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

I have the same exact type of hair,, but worse probably! Lol.



My hair was a hot mess until 6th grade when I finally got it together and learned how to take care of it. Haha



But anyway, here's my advice to you.



START FROM THE INSIDE



-Drink lots of water daily (8-10 glasses)



-Multivitamin



-Lots of Vitamin A, C, E, K



-Lots of protein %26amp; Omega 3 Fatty Acids



SHAMPOO %26amp; CONDITIONER



-Always use a hydrating shampoo. Always.



-Shampoo everytime your hair comes into contact with chlorine.



-Avoid shampoos with the ingredient Sodium Laureth Sulfate. They use it to clean garage floors and degrease engines.



-ALWAYS follow up shampoo with a conditioner.



-Cut down on shampooing. 1-3 times a week is enough.



-Leave in conditioner for 10 minutes before rinsing.



DEEP CONDITIONERS %26amp; PROTEIN TREATMENTS



-Once a week use a deep conditioner. Follow the instructions on the bottle.



-Once to twice a month, use a protein treatment to strengthen your hair. Follow the direction on the bottle.



MAYONNAISE



Mayonnaise is so good for the hair! It makes it strong, soft, and shiny. It smells kind of gross when you put it in at first, but it's worth it! Put it in and work it through your hair. Squeeze out excess water with your hands and wrap a towel around your hair. Leave it in for 30-45 minutes and then rinse out with warm water. Finish with a cold water rinse to seal the cuticle and enhance shine.



STRAIGHTENING



I don't like straightening my hair because it damages it.



But if you decide to straighten it, never use a silicone product before you do, because it'll fry it more.



Use a heat protectant before straightening.



Buy a ceramic straightener, it costs more but it's worth it.



MY PERSONAL FAVORITES



-My favorite shampoo: Matrix Curl.Life Defining Shampoo



-My favorite conditioner: Bumble %26amp; Bumble Curl Conscious Conditioner



-My favorite leave-in conditioner: Ouidad Botanical Boost



-My favorite deep conditioner: Ouidad Deep Treatment Intense Conditioner, Activate Hair Repair



-My favorite curl enhancers: Shape Fx Curl Booster (for firm curls) %26amp; Shape Fx Curl Miracle (for soft curls)



Here's my "hair routine" that worked for me...



1. Wet your hair with warm water.



2. Work conditioner through hair thoroughly.



3. Use a widetooth comb to get conditioner throughout hair.



4. Leave in conditioner for abotu 10 minutes.



5. Rinse out with warm water.



6. Rinse hair with cold water to seal hair cuticle and help it shine.



7. Squeeze out excess water with a towel. Do NOT put your hair in a "towel turban". It distrubs the natural wave/curl pattern of curly hair and makes it frizzier.



8. Spray in a leave-in conditioner and comb through with a wide-tooth comb.



9. Once hair had dried a little, but still damp, get some gel or curl enhancer in your hands and scrunch your hair. It'll hold the curl and minimize frizzing and poofing.



10. Repeat steps 1-8 at the end of the day,



11. Braid your hair in two plaits to help make it more manageable in the morning.



Hope I helped 閳?br>Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??



same here, or at least, my hair used to be long. I use Garnier Fructus Sleek and Smooth (or whatever it's called). It helps with the frizz and roughness. I would suggest straightening it. This is going to sound stupid, but if you want to keep it curly, use a curling iron. It reduces the poof and makes it easier to manage. Hope I helped!



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

Start with a shampoo and conditioner that is for dry, frizzy hair. I like granier fruictis (?), it's in a green bottle. Then get some regular old hair gel, not the spray kind. Just put a quarter (maybe a little extra for really long hair) size through your hair. You don't want to use too much cuz it will make your hair crunchy and flaky. Then blow dry with a diffuser. Some blow dryers come with one or you can by one to attach to your blow dryer.



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

check the links below for natural homemade beauty tips to:-- Dry hair / Oily hair/ Splitends / Fruit Packs for scalp



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2006/08/natur...



Dry, thick, unruly, curly poofy, frizzy hair??

Try only putting conditioner on the last couple inches of your hair.And after ur shower blow dry. That will get rid of ur poofy-ness.As for frizzy and dry hair use some leave in conditioner but dont put in when wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortonantivirus