Sunday, November 29, 2009

Curly/ Wavy, dry, thick and extremely frizzy hair! Please help!!!?

Ever since I was little, my hair has been... a mess. But i remember not being as frizzy or dry. My hair is a cross between wavy and curly. I recently got a perm but it of course isn't straight when it's wet. I want to grow my hair out so everytime i swim, it doesn't look like a complete mess. I'm tired of blow drying and straightening for hours after everytime I wash my hair. I want to wear it natural... Any ideas?



(oh by the way i use Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner, leave in conditioner, and shining/ anti-frizz serum... it doesn't really help, only when I straighten my hair)



Curly/ Wavy, dry, thick and extremely frizzy hair! Please help!!!?

- Read the book and visit the sites below about curly hair. I did and my once horrible curly hair is now virtually frizz-free ringlets. Now I get compliments on my hair all the time! Straighten your hair- be happy for a day, learn to manage your curly hair- be happy for life!



- To style your hair using the curly-girl method you will need gel and conditioner at the minimum. Some less useful, but still nice stuff would be a blowdryer, a diffuser (reduces frizz in curly/wavy hair when used with dryer), and a microfiber hair turban (to dry wet hair while sleeping or in the morning).



-The main philosophy of the curly-girl method is to not use shampoo. This may sound unhygenic but it has actually made my hair less oily and dandruffy. Most shampoos contain some of the same chemicals found in laundry detergent (aka sulfates). They dry out curly hair. Also you shouldn't brush your curly hair dry because it damages the hair and makes it poof.



- Massaging of the scalp with conditioner to remove dirt is all that is needed. It will clean everything but super clingy silicones. Then rinse and spread conditioner on the outside layer of hair and the hair at the nape of your neck. Gently comb tangles out with your fingers or a wide toothed comb and rinse with cold/cool water.



-Do not brush/comb your hair after this point because it wil disturb the curl pattern (make sure you already have a part). It is also important to use gel on sopping wet hair and scrunch the hair. Then let your hair air dry or wait ten minutes and then use a blowdryer with a diffuser. Do not touch the hair while it is air drying or it will frizz!



- Use a moisturizing conditioner, such as Desert Essence Organics Italian Red Grape Conditioner (found at health food/organic stores). The combo of products that I use daily is Garnier Fuctis Sleek and Shine Leave In Cream, then Aussie Tizz No Frizz Gel, and then Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel but there are more conditioners, gels, etc. on the websites.



- Your hair may seem worse at first, but it is just adjusting. This takes 2 to 4 weeks begin working.This is hard to do if you don't read the book, or at least visit the websites. Naturally curly hair can be beautiful! Hope this helps!



Curly/ Wavy, dry, thick and extremely frizzy hair! Please help!!!?

my friend has hair like that, it was a mess in highschool and she'd spend almost 2hrs everday trying to straighten and it still never looked very good. NEways she started using that catwalk stuff it's called curls rock. She uses the shampoo conditioner and mousse stuff and it works really good now. People compliment her all the time. Here's a link so you can see what it looks like, but I thnk you can buy it at almost any beauty salon. Oh and it smells really good too. :)



http://www.beautydeals.net/shop/details....



Curly/ Wavy, dry, thick and extremely frizzy hair! Please help!!!?

use frizz ease (john frieda product) worked 4 me



Curly/ Wavy, dry, thick and extremely frizzy hair! Please help!!!?

When you dry your hair dont shake it in a towel, or twist it in a towel. just blot it until the majoirty of the water is gone. When you shake it or rub it it increases friction which makes hair frizzy. Also try having a shower every second day, or washing your hair only on second days. Washing your hair everyday will take away the natural oils in your hair making it look dry and brittle. Also about brittle your hair is it's weakest when it is wet, so while it is drying don't brush it witha brush. Either with a wide tooth comb, or rake with your fingers. Lastly putting in a light conditioner if your hair is thin, or a Heavy or whatever you perfer when your hair is damp, or even spray abit when it is dry to hold down flyaways and calm down frizz. Well, I wrote alot so I hope it helps.



Curly/ Wavy, dry, thick and extremely frizzy hair! Please help!!!?

My hair is sorta like that, only mine's way curly-tressemme products for curly hair do an amazing job



Curly/ Wavy, dry, thick and extremely frizzy hair! Please help!!!?

My hair is kind of like that, except for the frizzy part, just do what I do: use this really good condintionr sstay in thing u can find at a salon something Paul or the other way aroung just ask foe it and try a small bottle first then a big ine if u like it. Ok, after u get out of the shower put a lot of it on and then comb it with first your best brush and then your best comb. After u get the nots out and straighten it, (i din't do this cause i don't have to but) Blow dry it and use hair spary, maybe.



Good Luck!



Curly/ Wavy, dry, thick and extremely frizzy hair! Please help!!!?

You have to wait till the perm wares out, if you want to have straight hair just straighten it, i think its worth it.



Curly/ Wavy, dry, thick and extremely frizzy hair! Please help!!!?

Oh honey - I know your pain. I've got thick and curly hair and know what it's like!



Some tips -



1. Don't wash your hair often (sounds gross, I know - but it works) your hair is designed to go without washing because it needs the natural oils. I only wash my hair 1 -2 times a week and it never smells or looks oily. You can wear a shower cap and shower, that's fine, just don't wash it.



2. Get a good and simple cut! Longer works better because it weighs it down (but not too long) while layers give it depth and style.



3. Wear a sleep cap. Lame, I know, but I bought a sleep cap (right beside the shower caps) and it keeps your hair from rubbing against the pillow at night and turning frizzy.



4. I'm not sure what your ethnicity is, but, treat your hair as if it were African-American hair. I had a hairstylist and this was the best piece of advice she gave me - use cholesterol for your hair ect...try some African-American hair products because they're made for ultra-dry hair!



5. Shampoo and Conditioner? My favorite are the John Frieda Curl shampoo %26amp; conditioner (should be beside all the other John Frieda stuff), not too expensive, and works wonders!



6. Post-shower, try a little leave-in conditioner or green sunsilk. It'll give your hair a chance to air-dry and take its natural shape, but keep the curls contained and sleek.



Remember, if you work *with* the curl, the frizz should be reduced.



Curly/ Wavy, dry, thick and extremely frizzy hair! Please help!!!?

to keep your hair from sweating out so much part your hair and put cornstarch in between the parts it will keep it straighter longer!!!



Curly/ Wavy, dry, thick and extremely frizzy hair! Please help!!!?

My hair is the same way. I keep it long or shoulder length because I think it looks better. Instead of fighting the curl I just go with it. It makes it much easier on me. I use Matrix fortifying shampoo and they make a real heavy conditioner that comes in a tub. I can't remember the name, but it is great! When styling I use a light gel to kind of weigh my hair down and then I use Loreal springing curls mouse! I have not found anything that works better. Then I blow dry or just let air dry and I am done in less than 10 min. Also make sure you keep up with your haircuts...mine gets extra frizzy if I go without a hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortonantivirus