Sunday, November 29, 2009

What's the best way to care for my 7 year old (bl/wh) black thick dry curly hair?

Moisturize it with castor oil or safflower oil when combing it daily. Keep it twisted up or braided into ponytails to prevent tangles. And DO NOT use any moisturizer on her hair that has mineral oil or petroleum. Those things will manage the hair temporarily, but will cause dryness and breakage in the long term.



Another thing that helps me is to only wash once a week but condition as often as you'd like. Combing the hair in the shower while conditioner is on it makes it easier to comb through once the hair is rinsed out and she gets out.



What's the best way to care for my 7 year old (bl/wh) black thick dry curly hair?

Garnier Fructis Curl and Shine. It moisturizes dry frizzy curly or wavy hair. (Shampoo, conditioner and leave in conditioner) It works great!



http://www.garnierfructisusa.com/



What's the best way to care for my 7 year old (bl/wh) black thick dry curly hair?

I have the same type of hair (but different color!). I wash once a week and condition any time I'm in the shower with my hair down. I only use a comb, never a brush and I comb conditioner through in the shower and then massage oil (usually safflower cuz it works like olive but doesn't smell!!!!) to the tips of my hair. I pick a hairstyle and try to wear it for as long as I can at a time (braids, curls, weave, ponytail, bun, etc.) because the more I try to style my hair the messier it gets.



I love the Pantene Time Renewal deep conditioner (in a tub) as well as ION products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortonantivirus